-
Connecticut officials are reacting with frustration to the Trump administration’s recent order to stop construction on Revolution Wind, an offshore wind farm project that was poised to soon provide electricity to at least 350,000 homes in Connecticut and Rhode Island.
-
The Revolution Wind farm was slated to start sending power to homes and businesses in Rhode Island and Connecticut starting next year.
-
Getting information about the state’s only offshore wind project under construction has been difficult in the last six months. CAI and the Martha’s Vineyard Times teamed up last week to visit Vineyard Wind by boat, to see what visual evidence we could find of the project status.
-
Monday is the signing deadline for the state’s latest round of offshore wind contracts, but it’s unclear if any of the developers selected in September plan to sign.
-
The chair of the Sierra Club's Cape and Islands group says support for the wind lawsuit may be broader than it appears — including in some Republican-led states. But if the states win, the Trump administration could find ways to work around it.
-
Commercial fishing interests sued the federal agencies involved in approving the wind farm, which is under construction 15 miles off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
-
Three communities in Massachusetts have a lot to lose if the Trump administration succeeds in halting all offshore wind.
-
The New England Fishermen's Stewardship Association has drawn over $1.1 million from a group connected to Leonard Leo, an influential conservative activist. Now it's setting out to raise money from the coastal communities it says it's helping.
-
The CEO of SouthCoast Wind, Michael Brown, told CAI the federal review was rigorous. But the Town of Nantucket says feds failed to address threats to its historic district and economy.
-
CAI has learned that the offshore wind developer Vineyard Offshore is eliminating 50 positions, some of them through layoffs.